Since my huge parts order will not be here until Tuesday I decided I would put a little time into the Pioneer SX-636 and rebuild the power supply. It will also get upgrades to the preamp, amp, EQ, and amp board but I only had an hour or so. So here a quick rundown :
Replaced all electrolytics with Nichicon PW series caps except for orange low imp cap which I replaced with Nichicon KL. Replaced voltage regulator with KSC2073 and applied thermal paste between transistor and heat sink even though original did not. Pulled one leg of diodes to test and all in check. Cap size is much smaller than original. Here is a before and after shot.